On UKNY at 11 tonight, an exploration of some intriguing British female vocalists of the present and past, an eclectic mélange of artists that includes Laura J. Martin, Chlöe Howl (pictured), Laura Mvula, Raissa Khan-Panni of The Mummers and the inimitable Dusty Springfield.
Please join me for UKNY, Saturday nights at 11p.m. EST, following Vin Scelsa's "Idiot's Delight"® and Marshall Crenshaw's "The Bottomless Pit" on 90.7 WFUV, also streaming online.
Still shoveling out your driveway? You can find UKNY in the FUV archives up to two weeks after broadcast.
1. Anna Calvi, "Piece by Piece," One Breath
2. Nat Johnson and The Figureheads, "Astronomy," I'm Across, I'm Ashore
3. Sleeper, "Inbetweener," Smart
4. Laura J. Martin, "Red Flag," Dazzle Days
5. Chlöe Howl, "I Wish I Could Tell You," Rumour EP
6. Sneaker Pimps, "6 Underground (Nellee Hooper remix)" Becoming X
7. FKA Twigs, "Hide," EP1
8. Snowbird, "I Heard The Owl Call My Name," moon
9. Cornershop with Bubbley Kaur, "Once There Was A Wintertime," Cornershop and The Double 'O' Groove Of
10. The Mummers, "Tale To Tell," Tale To Tell
11. Commonwealth Cut (Australia): Sally Seltmann, "Billy," Hey Daydreamer
12. Dusty Springfield, The Look of Love, The Look of Love
13. Laura Mvula, "I Don't Know What The Weather Will Be," Sing To The Moon
14. Beth Orton, "The Sweetest Decline," Central Reservation