Tonight at 11 on UKNY, a SXSW preview of some of the British bands and artists headed to Austin, Texas next week for festival chaos, overpriced burritos and five showcases in one exhausting day—like Damon Albarn, Bipolar Sunshine (pictured), Battle Lines and Pins. Also, with new releases from Elbow and Metronomy on the immediate horizon, songs from those fine albums too.
That's UKNY, Saturday nights at 11p.m. EST, following Vin Scelsa's "Idiot's Delight"® and Marshall Crenshaw's "The Bottomless Pit" on 90.7 WFUV, also streaming online.
Jumped an hour ahead too soon and missed the show? You can find UKNY in the FUV archives up to two weeks after broadcast.
1. Elbow, "Real Life (Angel)," The Take Off and Landing Of Everything
2. Jimi Goodwin, "Keep My Soul In Song," Odulek
3. Metronomy, "The Upsetter," Love Letters
4. Pins, "Lost Lost Lost," Girls Like Us
5. The Wytches, "Gravedweller," single
6. Thumpers, "Galore," single
7. Spandau Ballet, "Lifeline," True
8. Damon Albarn, "Lonely Press Play," Everyday Robots
9. Temples, "Move with the Season," Sun Structures
10. Bipolar Sunshine, "Where Did The Love Go," single
11. Commonwealth Cut: Samsaya, "Stereotype," Bombay Calling
12. Battle Lines, "Colonies," single
13. Roman Remains, "Gazebo," Zeal