On a special edition of UKNY at 11 tonight, a session and conversation with Damon Albarn, who released his "official" solo debut, Everyday Robots, just ten days ago. Damon talks about the extremely autobiographical nature of the album which stretches from his childhood, running feral through Turkish souks, to present day, as the perplexed father of a teenager. In the second half of the show, new music from The Proper Ornaments, Fold and more.
Please join me on UKNY, Saturday nights at 11p.m. EST, following Vin Scelsa's "Idiot's Delight"® and Marshall Crenshaw's "The Bottomless Pit" on 90.7 WFUV, also streaming online.
Think you might miss tonight's show? You can find UKNY in the FUV archives up to two weeks after broadcast.
1. Damon Albarn in Session (and conversation): "Hollow Ponds," "Lonely Press Play" and "Mr. Tembo" live.
2. Commonwealth Cut: Dianas, "Sleep Now," EP2
3. The Proper Ornaments, "Shining Bright," Wooden Head
4. Fold, "Blinding Light," single
5. Kathryn Williams, "Darkness Light," Crown Electric
6. Elbow, "The Blanket of Night," The Take Off and Landing of Everything
7. Four Tet, "Angel Echoes," There Is Love In You.