Tonight at 11 on UKNY on FUV, new releases from Bombay Bicycle Club, Laura Mvula, Euros Childs, Honeyblood and Cate Le Bon. We'll look to the rainbow with Boards of Canada and Public Service Broadcasting and the Commonwealth Cut stretches from Ottawa, Canada to Bologna, Italy with a nod to Lou Reed.
Please join me on UKNY, Saturday nights at 11p.m. EDT following Vin Scelsa's "Idiot's Delight"® and Marshall Crenshaw's "The Bottomless Pit" on 90.7 WFUV, also streaming online.
Feeling a little jet-lagged after the flip to standard time? Brew a cuppa tea! Or get some sleep — you can find UKNY in the FUV archives up to two weeks after broadcast.
1. Lanterns on the Lake, "The Buffalo Days," Until The Colours Run
2. Boards of Canada, "Roygbiv," Music Has The Right To Children
3. Public Service Broadcasting, "Roygbiv," Inform-Educate-Entertain
4. Euros Childs, "Tina Said," Situation Comedy
5. Cate Le Bon, "Are You With Me Now," Mug Museum
6. Neon Neon, "Hoops with Fidel," Praxis Makes Perfect
7. Johnny Marr, "European Me," The Messenger
8. Electronic, "Getting Away With It," Electronic
9. Anna Calvi, "Cry," One Breath
10. Commonwealth Cut (Canada), His Clancyness, "Slash The Night," Vicious
11. Honeyblood, "Bud," single
12. Bombay Bicycle Club, "Carry Me," single
13. Natasha Khan and Jon Hopkins, "Garden's Heart," How I Live Now soundtrack
14. Laura Mvula, "Little Girl Blue," 12 Years A Slave soundtrack