Autumn is just around the bend and tonight on UKNY at 11, new tracks off of fall releases from Pins, Factory Floor, Goldfrapp, Anna Calvi, Cate Le Bon and more
The Commonwealth Cut finds its way to Melbourne, Australia for Chet Faker and since the shortlist of Britain's prestigious Mercury Prize will be announced this Wednesday, September 11, I'll feature a handful of past (and possibly future) Mercury Prize nominees and winners.
Join me for UKNY Saturday nights at 11 following Vin Scelsa's "Idiot's Delight"® and Marshall Crenshaw's "The Bottomless Pit" on 90.7 WFUV, also streaming online.
Can't manage to stay awake until 11 or out far too late? You can find UKNY in the FUV archives for two weeks after broadcast.
1. Public Service Broadcasting, "Theme from PSG," Inform-Educate-Entertain
2. Lemon Jelly, "Nice Weather For Ducks," Lost Horizons
3. Anna Calvi, "Eliza," One Breath
4. Pins, "Lost Lost Lost," Girls Like Us
5. X-Ray Spex, Germ Free Adolescents, Germ Free Adolescents
6. Arctic Monkeys, "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?" AM
7. Goldfrapp, "Ulla," Tales of Us
8. Pet Shop Boys, "Thursday," Electric
9. Commonwealth Cut (Australia), Chet Faker with Kilo Kish, "Melt," single
10. Cate Le Bon with Perfume Genius, "I Think I Knew," Mug Museum
11. Oliver Wilde, "Marleahs Cadence," A Brief Introduction To Unnatural Lightyears
12. Factory Floor, "Two Different Ways," Factory Floor