Josh Charles - FUV Live - 2014
For the past 25 years, actor and director Josh Charles has expertly crafted some of the more smartly drawn and complicated characters in film, television and theatre, like the lovestruck Knox Overstreet in 1989’s “Dead Poet’s Society,” sports anchor Dan Rydell in Aaron Sorkin’s “Sports Night,” the emotionally ravaged Jake in HBO’s “In Treatment” and the great and—spoiler alert—now late attorney Will Gardner for five seasons of “The Good Wife.” He's starred in plays by Caryl Churchill, Neil LaBute and Richard Greenberg. Josh’s latest project is director Pascale Ferran's magical new movie “Bird People,” which debuted last month at the Cannes Film Festival. But what many people don’t know is that Josh Charles is a music maven and avid blues guitarist. When he visited WFUV to be our special guest DJ, he brought along vintage vinyl from Hound Dog Taylor and Lightnin' Hopkins as well as selections from Tom Waits, Solomon Burke and much more.
- Hound Dog Taylor - "Give Me Back My Wig"
- Bob Dylan - "What Good Am I"
- Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs - "Where Have All The Flowers Gone"
- Solomon Burke - "I'll Be Doggone"
- Lightnin' Hopkins - "Mama and Papa Hopkins"
- Chris Whitley - "Dirt Floor"
- John lennon - "Isolation"
- Darondo - "Didn't I"
- Tom Waits - " Kentucky Avenue"
- Nina Simone - "I Think It's Gonna Rain Today"