The NFL Lists Super Bowl Screening Procedures For Spectators
Security screening at MetLife Stadium will be significantly heightened for Super Bowl XLVIII. To provide a safer environment for the public and to expedite fan entry into stadiums, the NFL implemented a policy this year that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into stadiums.
All items carried by spectators will be carefully inspected and potentially not permitted into MetLife Stadium. The NFL strongly encourages fans not to bring any type of bag to the Super Bowl, but if necessary, those outlined below are permissible:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" OR
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar), AND
- Small clutch bags, 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, can be taken into the stadium with ONE of the clear plastic bag options
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after thorough inspection at a gate designated for this purpose
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses or bags larger than 4.5" x 6.5", coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags/draw string bags that are not clear or exceed 12" x 6" x 12", luggage of any kind, computer bags, binocular cases and camera bags, and large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers.
Prohibited Items In Stadium
The following list is a guide only. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Alcohol (unless purchased at an NFL Venue)
- Animals (except assistive animals)
- Banner (any object that obstructs the view of another)
- Beach Balls
- Beverages (unless purchased at an NFL venue)
- Containers of any type:
- Aerosol Cans
- Coolers (of any size)
- Food (unless purchased at an NFL Venue)
- Heated clothing containing wires, electronic components, or battery power sources
- Laser Lights and Pointers
- Mace / Pepper Spray
- Noisemakers and Horns
- Poles, Sticks, Missile like objects of any kind
- Weapons, Knives and Explosives
Prohibited items and items determined to not be appropriate for entry into the Stadium will be the responsibility of the ticketholder and cannot be accepted or checked by the NFL, MetLife Stadium or the New Jersey State Police. We urge spectators to secure these items in vehicles or their hotel rooms. The NFL, MetLife Stadium and the New Jersey State Police will not store prohibited or excluded items for spectators.
Cameras and Binoculars
Small cameras and binoculars will be allowed. No spectator cameras with lenses over six inches (6") long will be permitted. Again, camcorders will be prohibited. Binocular cases and camera bags are not permitted.
*Items purchased in Gameday Fan Plaza Presented by Gillette & COVERGIRL will be allowed into MetLife Stadium.
The cooperation, patience and understanding of spectators is greatly appreciated by the National Football League, MetLife Stadium and the New Jersey State Police.
SECURITY SCREENING ON GAME DAY BEGINS AT 2:00 PM
PLEASE COME EARLY TO AVOID DELAYS AND SPEED THE ENTRANCE OF ALL SPECTATORS.
© 2014 NFL Enterprises LLC. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. NFL footage © NFL Productions LLC.