- Full-service bar with special First Thursday Night prices.
- Tours will be offered every hour on the half hour (5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m.). Topics will change on a monthly basis.
- Live music provided by the MSU John J. Cali School of Music Jazz Studies Program, led by saxophonist Dan Braden.
- Art activities will offer opportunities to draw inspiration from the exhibitions on view.
- Special Program: MAM is Reading! Book Club: Lilith’s Brood, by Octavia Butler, 7 p.m., Free, please RSVP to email@example.com – In conjunction with MAM’s current exhibition Saya Woolfalk: The Empathics (the second exhibition in the New Directions series), MAM’s Book Club will discuss Lilith’s Brood. This acclaimed trilogy by multiple Hugo and Nebula award–winner Octavia E. Butler is presented for the first time in one volume. Lilith’s Brood is a profoundly evocative, sensual, and disturbing epic of human transformation.
- New Directions: Jean Shin: MAM encourages Free First Thursday Night visitors to participate in our 2013 New Directions contemporary art exhibition. The third exhibition in this series (opening Fall 2013) will feature acclaimed artist Jean Shin, who creates sculptures and installations using materials gathered from the communities in which she works. MAM invites you to be a part of the creative process and donate your unwanted metal flatware (forks, knives, spoons, serving utensils, and other cutlery) to her project. Collection bins will be located at MAM’s entrances.
Georgia O'Keeffe in New Mexico: Architecture, Katsinam, and the Land
September 28, 2012 - January 20, 2013
This exhibition, originated by the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, will reveal the little-known breadth of Georgia O’Keeffe’s interest in northern New Mexico.
Saya Woolfalk: The Empathics
September 28, 2012 - January 6, 2013
Saya Woolfalk: The Empathics is the first solo museum exhibition by the acclaimed multimedia artist and the second in MAM’s New Directions series of contemporary art exhibitions
Montclair , NJ 07042