Saturday, October 26th
Support your favorite Saturday shows by becoming or coming back as a WFUV Member.
- Midnight-1AM, The Grateful Dead Hour.
- 1-3AM, World Cafe.
- 3-6AM, FUV Music.
- 6-7AM, Sound Opinions.
- 7-7:30AM, Fordham Conversations with Robin Shannon: This week, host Chris Williams finds out more about things that scare us and why they scare us. Jim Faro, co-creator of the haunted attraction Blood Manor, talks about designing a haunted house, his love of horror, and how to hire a demon on Craigslist. Fordham University psychology professor Dean McKay talks about studying disgust and a virtual reality experiment designed to help people overcome their phobias.
- 7:30-8AM, Cityscape with George Bodarky: Each week, WFUV's Cityscape explores the people, places and spirit of New York City in new and unique ways. We journey to fascinating places and meet interesting people, but we wouldn’t be able to do that without support from listeners who appreciate this kind of programming. On this week's Cityscape, we're delving into our archives and playing some of our favorite segments, while we ask for financial support during WFUV's Fall membership drive.
- 8-9AM, Míle Fáilte with Seamus Blake: Fundraiser, with Co-Host John Feeney of the Irish Circle of Connecticut, celebrating Seamus Blake featuring Irish Gaelic on WFUV for 36 years now, and “Míle Fáilte” as a weekly, one-hour program for 22 years.
- 9AM-1PM, A Thousand Welcomes with Kathleen Biggins.
- 1-4PM, One on One. New York’s longest running sports call-in show.
- 4-8PM, Mixed Bag with Don McGee.
- 8-10PM, Vin Scelsa’s Idiot’s Delight.
- 10-11PM, The Bottomless Pit with Marshall Crenshaw: In a rare move, this week, I'll be drawing heavily from some records that have MY NAME on them: Hillbilly Music, Thank God, Vol. 1, a compilation album of Post-WWII Country Music from the Capitol Records vaults that I put together back in 1990, and a great Merle Haggard tribute album from 1994, Tulare Dust. I was delighted when Dave Alvin asked me to come on board with that one, along with John Doe, Iris DeMent, Lucinda Williams, Joe Ely, et. al. Then for Part 3, I'll let my iPod finish the show for me, which is usually a winning strategy.
- 11PM-Midnight, UKNY with Kara Manning.