The WFUV Feastival 2018
The Decemberists at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival (photo by Gus Philippas/WFUV)
We hope you brought your appetite, because the WFUV Feastival isn't just back — it's bigger than ever. (See what we mean.)
It's a Thanksgiving tradition here at FUV to look back at the past year's FUV Live performances, and from our Marquee shows to our "Summer of FUV" concert broadcasts, there is no shortage of highlights to share. Of course, another tradition will continue too — playing Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" on Thanksgiving Day at noon — and all of it comes with a big helping of our thanks.
This year, we kick things off on Thanksgiving Eve at 6 p.m. EST with Jim James in a brand new FUV Live show from the McKittrick Hotel, followed by Natalie Prass at Rockwood Music Hall, and The Decemberists' epic performance at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival.
On Thanksgiving Day, Feastival runs from 10 a.m. to midnight, with a lot of past Holiday Cheer for FUV artists in the mix (The Lone Bellow, Aimee Mann, Lo Moon, Amos Lee, Brandi Carlile, Calexico, Lake Street Dive). We'll tour the "Summer of FUV" too, heading from to Forest Hills Stadium (Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats) to the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival (Courtney Barnett) to the Newport Folk Festival (Margo Price, Toots and The Maytals). And the shows planned for next Friday and Sunday aren't just leftovers, with amazing performances from David Byrne, Neko Case, Sunflower Bean, Amy Helm and more.
You'll also hear songs from FUV Live 21 and "Holiday Cheer" highlights throughout the Feastival, as we celebrate our new live CD and countdown to this year's Holiday Cheer for FUV. Side note: tickets are still available for this year's show, which is December 3 at The Beacon Theatre with John Prine, the Lone Bellow and Shannon Shaw.
Thank you to all of the artists and their teams, the venues and festivals, and especially, to our WFUV Members. You make all of this possible. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the feast!
Here is the full Feastival line-up (times are EST and approximate):
Wednesday, November 21
- 6 p.m. - Jim James at The McKittrick Hotel
- 7 p.m. - Natalie Prass at Rockwood Music Hall
- 8 p.m. - The Decemberists at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
Thursday, November 22
- 10 a.m. - Richard Thompson at The Loft at City Winery
- 11 a.m. - The Lone Bellow at the Newport Folk Festival
- Noon - Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant"
- 12:20 p.m. - Aimee Mann at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- 1:35 p.m. - Lo Moon at Holiday Cheer for FUV 2017
- 2 p.m. - Amos Lee at The McKittrick Hotel
- 3 p.m. - The War and Treaty at The Loft at City Winery
- 4 p.m. - Calexico at Rockwood Music Hall
- 5 p.m. - Brandi Carlile at Rockwood Music Hall
- 6 p.m. - Lake Street Dive at The Sheen Center
- 7 p.m. - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats at Forest Hills Stadium
- 8:15 p.m. - Margo Price at the Newport Folk Festival
- 9 p.m. - Toots and The Maytals at the Newport Folk Festival
- 10 p.m. - Courtney Barnett at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- 11:15 p.m. - Death Cab for Cutie at Electric Lady Studios
Friday, November 23
- 10 a.m. - Glen Hansard at The Sheen Center
- 11 a.m. - Neko Case at Littlefield
- Noon - Rayland Baxter at Rockwood Music Hall
- 1 p.m. - Lucius at the Newport Folk Festival
- 6 p.m. - Low Cut Connie at Rockwood Music Hall
- 7 p.m. - Tune-Yards at Forest Hills Stadium
- 8 p.m. - David Byrne at Forest Hills Stadium
- 9:45 p.m. - Caroline Rose at Littlefield
- 10:45 p.m. - Sunflower Bean at Rockwood Music Hall
- 11:30 p.m. - The Breeders at Rockwood Music Hall