Skip to main content


Landry Fields: Knicks Shooting Guard

Landry Fields - the player who once wasn't expected to be drafted now must start and produce as New York's SG.

It was the second day of Knicks training camp in Greenburgh, New York.

There were two basketball courts and long row chairs for the media, ranging from mid-court to the left baseline of the near court. Curiously, the colors of the courts were not orange and blue. Instead they were a light blue and green for the New York Liberty, the Knicks’ WNBA counterpart. The Knickerbockers still managed to make a larger presence in the gym. The numbers of their legends, like Patrick Ewing, Walt Frazier, and Willis Reed, hung in the background.

DRAFT, Don’t Talk about a DRAFT

 But what will happen to the draftees?

By Joe Vitiello

One topic dominated NBA talks these past four months; the lockout. For many reasons, the league and the players association have not been able to come to an agreement and end the labor dispute. The main issue is on the distribution of Basketball Related Income (BRI) amongst the owners and the players. The last labor agreement had the players sharing 57% leaving the owners to split the remaining 43%. There have been reports the owners want to go down to a 50-50 split while the players have offered a 53-47 split. At the surface, 3% does not seem to be a huge difference. However, when last season's BRI was $3.8 billion you’re left with a pretty hefty number (114 million to be exact).

Hungry Like the Wolff

Legendary sportscaster Bob Wolff talks to One on One about his new book

Bob Wolff, the longest running sportscaster, and member of both the Basketball and Basketball Halls of Fame, recently released a new book, Bob Wolff's Complete Guide to Sportscasting: How to Make it in Sportscasting With or Without Talent.  And wouldn't you know it - he took time out of his busy schedule to talk to One on One's Kyle Kesses and Joe Tordy.