Working behind the scenes to create the best in public radio.
Fordham University Board of Trustees, Executive Committee
WFUV is the member-supported public media service licensed to Fordham University. The station’s governing board is The Executive Committee of Fordham University’s Board of Trustees.
Robert D. Daleo, Chair of the Board - Retired Vice Chairman, Thomson Reuters
Edward M. Stroz, Vice Chair of the Board - Co-President, Stroz Friedberg LLD
Nora Ahern Grose, Secretary of the Board
Joseph M. McShane, S.J. President, Fordham University
James E. Buckman - Retired
Michael J. Cosgrove - President and CEO, Mutual Fund GE Management
Christopher F. Fitzmaurice - CFF Asset Management
Joseph P. Parkes, S.J. - President, Cristo Rey New York High School
Thomas J. Regan, S.J. - Director, Jesuit First Studies M.A. Program, Loyola University Chicago
Dennis G. Ruppel - Partner, Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns LLP
Thomas Scirghi, S.J. - Associate Professor, Fordham University
Community Advisory Board
The Community Advisory Board meets on a quarterly basis and is composed of people who are reasonably representative of the diverse needs and interests of the communities served by WFUV. Board members serve a renewable three-year term and must be willing to regularly attend board meetings.
The CAB is designed to review the impact of the programming goals, community service and significant policy decisions established by the station (the board is instrumental in WFUV's Strike A Chord campaign). Its role is strictly advisory and it has no authority over the daily management or operation of the station. There is no financial compensation for service, but there are no fundraising responsibilities. Employees of WFUV and Fordham University may not serve.
The CAB has open recruitment for new members every year, usually beginning in August. To apply, fill out this form. The Community Advisory Board meets four times a year at the station. Meetings are open to the public. Dates for the quarterly meetings are announced at least seven days in advance. For information about how to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday September 24, 2015 at 6pm
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 6pm
- Monday, February 22, 2016 at 6pm
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 6pm
WFUV Community Advisory Board:
Brian Heese, Chair
John Dunn III, Vice Chair
Cathy Maher Smith
WFUV Advisory Board
The Advisory Board is very involved with the station on a regular basis, in support of activities such as strategic planning, events, and fundraising.
- Larry Taylor (Co-Chair, WFUV Advisory Board), StoneCastle Securities, LLC.
- Laurie Sprayregen (Co-Chair, WFUV Advisory Board), Sprayregen Real Estate Advisors
- Irwyn Applebaum
- Hugo Barreca, National Standard Finance, LLC
- Susan Bershad, M.D., Mount Sinai
- Ann Blinkhorn, Blinkhorn, L.L.C.
- John Creamer, Ernst & Young LLP (Retired)
- Kurt Feuerman, Alliance Bernstein
- Jack Franchetti, Franchetti Communications, Inc.
- John Heller, Private Investor
- John Herrmann (Past Co-Chair, WFUV Advisory Board), Lincoln International, LLC
- James J. Houlihan, Houlihan-Parnes Realtors LLC
- Jarrett Lilien, Bendigo Partners
- Patty Lipshutz, MOMA
- John MacNeil, Moody Street Pictures
- Peter Madonia, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Jordan Seaman, Private Investor
- Lisa Shalett, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Peter Smith, Ladder Capital
- Joe Wekselblatt, Angelo, Gordon & Co.
WFUV Honorary Advisory Board
- Jackson Browne
- Edie Falco
- Nora Guthrie
- Norah Jones
- Jorma Kaukonen
- Tim Robbins
- Martin Scorsese
- Paul Simon
- James Taylor
- Suzanne Vega