Bringing awareness to local issues, and connecting volunteers with opportunities to make a difference.
WFUV is supported by a community of smart, curious, caring people. At WFUV we're committed to supporting community organizations doing good work in the NY area. We spotlight a particular issue every quarter. You'll hear related Cityscape programs and news features, and public service announcements for local organizations. WFUV's Community Advisory Board contributes their ideas; if you have any suggestions for themes, please contact email@example.com.
Family Caregivers: Fall, 2015
When you're faced with having to care for a sick or disabled loved one, you're bound to encounter a set of new responsibilities - many of which might be unfamiliar or intimidating. This Fall, WFUV's Strike a Chord campaign is focusing on the needs and challenges of family caregivers.
Here are some of the organizations supporting family caregivers in our area:
- Heights and Hills
- Friends In Deed
- RiverSpring Health
- Family Services of Westchester
- AARP New York
- Alzheimer's Association
- Caregiver Support Program - Montefiore Medical Center
- Independence Care System
- The Center for Family Support
- Visions - Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Services Now for Adult Persons, Inc.
- Queens Community House
- New York Memory Center
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice of Fairfield County
- Parent to Parent of New York State
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation