Summer Broadcasts 2019
Spoon, Calexico and Iron & Wine, Adia Victoria, Wilco (photos by Gus Philippas for WFUV)
From the stirring anthems of The National's show to Spoon's euphoric career-spanning set, it was a fantastic summer of traveling FUV Live festival broadcasts from the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, Forest Hills Stadium in Queens, and Wilco's Solid Sound Festival in North Adams, Massachusetts.
As part of our summer festival coverage for 2019, WFUV aired five concerts (and 11 sets) on 90.7, also streaming online, from June through August. And whether stationed at the Prospect Park bandshell, by Joe's Field at MASS MoCA, or in the WFUV Clubhouse at Forest Hills, our hosts also had the chance to meet and chat with listeners (and we hope you made it out to one of the concerts too).
If you missed any of the shows, you can catch up to most of them on demand below, along with host reviews and some pretty stunning photos from Gus Philippas.
- June 12 - The National at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival (Review and audio)
- June 15 - Death Cab for Cutie with Jenny Lewis at Forest Hills Stadium (Death Cab for Cutie audio and reviews of both sets)
- June 21 - Calexico and Iron & Wine with Adia Victoria at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival (Reviews and audio)
- June 28 - Wilco and Courtney Barnett at the Solid Sound Festival (Reviews and audio)
- August 17 - Beck (review only), Spoon (audio and review), Cage the Elephant (review only), Sunflower Bean (audio and review) from Forest Hills Stadium.