Assistant Membership Director, Operations
- Manage the daily operations of the Membership Department, including oversight of gift processing and reporting, and database management, in coordination with Associate Director as it relates to solicitations and member services
- Maintains quality control for purposes of data entry
- Provide leadership, training and supervision to gift processing, technology services and any professional and student staff as it relates to technology in the membership area.
- Write queries and reports to pull gift, data, financial and constituent information for senior management, membership team and various University offices.
- Manage the technical aspects of all on-air pledge drives and other fundraising efforts, including creation of database codes, use of technology in recording pledge information, and timely recording of pledge data.
- Work with Finance, Controller's Office, Treasury, Auditors and Development on all matters pertaining to gift data and accounting, including reconciliation and reporting.
- Manage all database updates, reconfigurations and uploads; work with IT staff, outside vendors and programmers to streamline database efficiencies and integrity.
- Produce reports of financial and constituent data for station management, the membership team and the Director of Development.
- Ensure accurate recording and reconciliation of gifts associated with Fordham's development department into the membership database including matching gifts, planned gifts and major gift transactions. And ensure targeted membership gifts are likewise reported to the University's financial and advancement system.
- In concert with Director and other key staff from WFUV and Fordham, evaluate new technology platforms to support membership program.
- Serve as a liaison to the Development Director in relation to gift recording and provide reporting as needed
- Manage WFUV's member services functions including the member hotline, event interactions, and email communications.
- Analyze key issues and develop strategies for improved member service.
- Coordinate responses within department or at station as needed.
- Manage member benefits fulfillment services including premium shipment and inventory control including fulfillment of major donor benefits.
- Cultivate relationships with members through excellent member and customer service, providing independent decision and issue resolution
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 years of experience in non-profit data environment required
- Not for profit fundraising experience preferred
- Staff supervision experience preferred
- Significant experience with a donor relational database, Memsys a plus
- Ability to work with professional and student staff and a diverse membership.
- Problem solving and process improvement skills, database management skills, and query writing skills
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and manage customer service staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word as well as Google Docs
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
START DATE: 7/1/16
SEND LETTER & RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.