Membership Manager, WFUV
WFUV Radio Membership Department, Rose Hill Campus, Fordham University
- Serve as a direct marketing professional on the membership team
- Develop and implement customized data selections and segmentation from the membership database for solicitations
- Develop and execute strategies for sustainer acquisition, upgrade and retention
- Manage timely and accurate implementation of direct mailings and email strategies, including managing relationships with external vendors
- Maintain a library of membership mailings and communications
- Ensure efficient and timely processing of gifts in coordination with Assistant Membership Director, Operations
- Cultivate relationships with members through excellent member and customer service, providing independent decision and issue resolution
- Manage the matching gift fundraising program, including soliciting eligible donors and coordinating accurate and timely gift recording with the University Gift Records Office
- Develop and prepare complex weekly and monthly reporting for fundraising activities
- Liaison to WFUV Major Gifts Officer in Development
- Supervise volunteer coordinator
- Recruit, train and manage student staff
- Provide comprehensive support during on-air pledges drives, including set-up, staffing and training
- Manage membership’s social media strategy including the development and implementation of related strategies and messages
- Other responsibilities as required
- Minimum three years database and financial reporting experience required
- Excellent organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Expert in Excel, and general computer competency
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to work with professional and student staff and a diverse membership
- Experience with direct marketing and/or nonprofit fundraising operations
- Must be flexible; includes some nights and weekends
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to accept supervision
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team-building skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with the professional and student staff, with an emphasis on tact, diplomacy, flexibility, collaboration, professionalism, and discretion
- Familiarity and interest in WFUV’s music format preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
STARTING DATE: As soon as filled
DEADLINE: Open until filled
SEND LETTER & RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Development Associate, WFUV
Development and University Relations, Lincoln Center Campus, Fordham University
The Development Associate is an integral member of the Development Office’s WFUV team. This individual helps to carry out WFUV’s fundraising strategies and activities, as defined by WFUV’s General Manager, Senior Director of Development, and Advisory Board. His/her ideas on all projects are considered and valued.
This position reports to WFUV's Senior Director of Development, and is responsible for providing full administrative support in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals and special events, including but not limited to the following:
- Assist with and staff the station’s annual On the Record, Holiday Cheer, and WFUV High Line Bash fundraisers.
- Support and staff multiple cultivation and fundraising events, including the preparation of mailing lists and brief research profiles.
- Collaborate with Station staff, the Fordham Special Events team, outside vendors and the WFUV Advisory Board.
- Assist with prospect and donor data management.
- Develop proficiency in updating pertinent donor information in the Banner database, and ensuring gifts are recorded accurately.
- Ensure gifts are reconciled in both Banner and Memsys, WFUV’s membership database.
- Generate donor/prospect lists and maintain local files.
- Assist with the gift processing and acknowledgment process, including drafting thank you letter correspondence.
- Support WFUV stewardship efforts, including the major donor fulfillment program, and the creation of stewardship reports.
- Schedule appointments and answer phone calls from donors.
- Support the Senior Director of Development in her oversight of the WFUV Advisory Board, including scheduling and preparing for Board meetings.
- Reconcile credit card statements.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in development, marketing, or member services at non-profit organizations is preferred.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, organizational ability, attention to detail, and focus.
- Proficient personal-computer skills are required (i.e., Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint). Demonstrated ability to learn the use of new software is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with computerized development databases is preferred.
- Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events and to travel locally is preferred.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.