The WFUV Feastival 2017
This year's Thanksgiving Feastival includes The Shins (photo by Kristen Riffert/WFUV)
FUV's Thanksgiving tradition continues with The WFUV Feastival. It seems like we have more live music on FUV every year — from our Studio A sessions, Marquee shows and our "Summer of FUV" festival coverage — so our Thanksgiving feast of shows keeps getting bigger too.
Tonight, we kick things off at 6 p.m. EST by wishing Little Steven a "happy birthday" on FUV Live, followed by Holiday Cheer and Slingshot artist Lo Moon at Rough Trade NYC in their first-ever headlining show, and My Morning Jacket's two and a half hour set at Forest Hills Stadium from this summer.
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant," so that tradition continues too, on Thanksgiving Day at noon. But before and after that — and on Friday too — performances come your way from Laura Marling to The National, Lake Street Dive to Kurt Vile & The Violators, and Randy Newman to Strand of Oaks.
You'll also hear songs from FUV Live 20 and performances from Holiday Cheer past throughout the Feastival, as we celebrate our latest live CD and get ready for this year's Holiday Cheer for FUV. (Just in case you hadn't heard, it's December 15 at The Beacon Theatre with Aimee Mann, Randy Newman, Jeff Tweedy and Lo Moon — there are a few tickets left here).
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and as you relive these amazing live music moments, we hope you hear how thankful we are too! Thank you to the artists and their teams, all the venues and festivals, and of course, to our WFUV Members for making another great year of FUV Live performances possible.
Here is the full Feastival line-up (times are EST and approximate):
Wednesday, November 22
- 6 p.m. - FUV Live session with Little Steven
- 7 p.m. - Lo Moon at Rough Trade NYC (sorry, audio isn't available!)
- 8 p.m. - My Morning Jacket at Forest Hills Stadium
Thursday, November 23
- 10 a.m. - Laura Marling at Rockwood Music Hall
- 11 a.m. - The Lone Bellow at Rockwood Music Hall
- Noon - Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant"
- 12:20 p.m. - Dan Auerbach at Electric Lady Studios
- 1 p.m. - John Prine at the Newport Folk Festival
- 2:10 p.m. - The War on Drugs at Electric Lady Studios
- 3 p.m. - Maggie Rogers at Electric Lady Studios
- 4 p.m. - Josh Ritter at Gibson New York Showroom
- 5 p.m. - Fleet Foxes at Electric Lady Studios
- 6 p.m. - Hurray for the Riff Raff at Pregones Theater
- 7 p.m. - Nicole Atkins at Electric Lady Studios
- 8 p.m. - Son Little at City Winery
- 9 p.m. - Son Volt at The Cutting Room
- 10 p.m. - The National at Forest Hills Stadium
Friday, November 24
- 10 a.m. - Lake Street Dive at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- 11:30 a.m. - The Shins at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- 1 p.m. - Kurt Vile & The Violators at the Solid Sound Festival
- 6 p.m. - Randy Newman at Electric Lady Studios
- 7 p.m. - Wilco at the Newport Folk Festival
- 8:15 p.m. - The xx at Forest Hills Stadium
- 10 p.m. - Grizzly Bear at Electric Lady Studios
- 11 p.m. - Strand of Oaks at Rockwood Music Hall