The WFUV Feastival: Your Thanksgiving Live Music Feast
From multi-stage festivals to venues around NYC, there was so much live music on FUV in the last year, that the WFUV Feastival of shows will once again stretch beyond Thanksgiving. Plus, we're looking forward to more amazing performances at this year's Holiday Cheer for FUV.
We kick things off on Thursday at 10am with Holiday Cheer performer Amos Lee and run all the way to Midnight with shows including Elvis Costello and The Roots at Brooklyn Bowl and Wilco's epic Solid Sound Festival set. Then Friday night, you'll hear performances from more of the Holiday Cheer line-up (Iron & Wine, Nick Lowe, Calexico, Kathleen Edwards and Beth Orton), Arcade Fire live from LA, and more.
Check out the full schedule below (plus links to shows in the FUV Vault) and don't forget WFUV's other Thanksgiving Day tradition: Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" at Noon. Happy Thanksgiving, happy listening — and thanks for listening.
Thursday, November 28th (10am-Midnight)
- Amos Lee at Hill Country Live
- Steve Martin & Edie Brickell at City Winery
- Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restauraunt" (Noon)
- Laura Marling at St. Ann’s Church
- The Lone Bellow at Rockwood Music Hall
- Dawes at Rockwood Music Hall
- Little Green Cars at Rockwood Music Hall
- The James Hunter Six at City Winery
- Phosphorescent at Newport Folk Festival
- Elvis Costello & The Roots at Brooklyn Bowl
- Wilco at Solid Sound Festival
- FUV Live at CMJ showcase from Rockwood Music Hall with Lucius, Saint Rich, James Bay and Claire
- Iron & Wine at SXSW (excerpt)
Friday, November 29th (6pm-Midnight)
- Iron & Wine at SXSW
- Nick Lowe at The Living Room (2011)
- Calexico at Hill Country Live (2012)
- Kathleen Edwards at Tarrytown Music Hall (2012)
- Beth Orton at The Living Room (2006)
- Diego Garcia at The Living Room
- Deer Tick at Hill Country Live
- Arcade Fire at Capitol Studios in LA
Funding for WFUV's ongoing coverage of live concerts and festivals comes from The Agnes Varis Trust, supporting affordable access to the arts, education and healthcare.